Obtaining Agriculture Land
Agriculture land for farming purposes can be obtained in a variety of ways.
- Apply for Crown land .
- 50-year agriculture leases are available to qualified individuals. A Farm Development Plan is required to be completed by the applicant.
- Assignment of existing agriculture leases.
- Purchase or rental of private land.
- Purchase and/or rental of private land is common in some areas of the province.
- Apply for land with the Land Resources Stewardship Division when it is advertised through a
Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
** Note: Agriculture land owners within municipalities may qualify for Real Property Tax Exemption.