The climate and topographic features which exist in the province result in many areas of poorly drained soil and organic deposits. These factors reduce the amount of productive land available for farming. Furthermore, it has been demonstrated that almost all farmland would be more productive if drainage was improved.
- To improve productivity on existing land through drainage.
- Increase farming efficiency.
- To improve farm operation efficiency by increasing field sizes through drainage.
- To provide recommendations, including the planning of on-farm drainage systems.
- Please consult Growing Forward: Agriculture Land Development Program.
For further information contact the Agricultural Drainage Specialist or Agricultural Representative for your area.